Who Killed Dr. David Graham? Complaint filed with DOJ

Published: Oct. 18, 2007 at 3:02 AM CDT|Updated: Oct. 21, 2007 at 10:28 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Who killed Shreveport dentist and 9/11 researcher David Graham?  That's the question at the heart of a complaint filed with the Inspector General's office at the U.S. Justice Department.  It comes a year after Graham's death that was never investigated.

Up until his death in September 2006, Dr. Graham insisted someone poisoned him two years earlier, likely with propylene glycol (anti-freeze) as he tried to publish a book.  That book claimed he met two 9/11 hijackers a year before September 11th and feared the men intended to target Barksdale Air Force Base.

Shreveport attorney John Milkovich, a friend of Dr. Graham, explained, "he documented in his book that he had reported them to the FBI some ten months before 9/11 and of course that you know, the FBI, federal authorities never detained these individuals, and that he had received a threat."  Graham told those close to him that threat came from a federal agent.

Milkovich is the man who gave the eulogy at Graham's funeral.  He said that there's no question about whether or not someone poisoned Dr. Graham.  The question has always been who did it.  Milkovich continued, "I personally don't know who poisoned him but I think that it's very important that the truth come out."

9/11 researcher Sander Hicks is the one who just filed a complaint with the Inspector General's Office at the DOJ, asking for an investigation into Graham's death because, among other reasons, those close to him still live in fear.  Hicks told us, "the family has been worried that there's going to be some kind of reprisal."

Fear ran so high, said Hicks, that the family did not ask for an autopsy, even after Dr. Graham's 27-months of paralysis and organ failures before his death at a Shreveport nursing home.  Hicks added, "If Dr. Graham can be taken out so easily without an investigation from law enforcement you know, people are scared."

The Department of Justice told Hicks to expect a reply within the next 6-months. I spoke by phone with Special Agent in Charge Mike Kinder in the Shreveport FBI office.  He told me, there is no evidence those terror suspects, Nawaf Al-Hazi and Fayez Banihammad, were ever in Shreveport and said Dr. Graham only mentioned them after 9/11.  Kinder also said the FBI did not investigate Graham's death because there was no evidence of any connection between Graham's writings and his illness.

Story by Jeff Ferrell