SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Shreveport Fire Department officials still are looking for the cause of huge blaze Monday night that destroyed a two-story house on Dilg League Drive.
Investigators cannot rule out accidental sources since utilities were connected to the house, Fire Department spokesman Fred Sanders said.
The investigators were there when firefighters had to return to the charred remains of the structure Tuesday morning to spray foam on parts that still were smoldering.
Several neighbors said they heard a loud explosion before the massive blaze broke out.
"I was pretty much asleep and, like I said, it woke me," neighbor Doris Dawson said.
"It sounded like a bomb."
Dawson said she had "... a bird's-eye view" of the flames.
"It was up in the trees. It was so high."
KSLA News 12 spoke with the daughter of the house's former owners Monday night.
Danea Bullock, who lives next door, said that her parents passed away a few years ago and that the house was vacant.
"Everything was still in there as far as a I know. I know all my stuff was upstairs in my bedroom from college. But you know, it's just stuff."
Bullock said the blaze was a shock to the family but they are thankful no one was living there.
"I'm glad no one was in there. My mom would have been in her 90s, and she would have never made it out."
Bullock said the house had been there for about 60 years.