NEW BOSTON, TX (KSLA) - Authorities on Wednesday turned over the results of their investigation into the electrocution of a 10-year-old girl at her home in East Texas.
Greenlee Marie died the afternoon of July 7 while trying to rescue her kittens from behind a clothes dryer in the residence on U.S. Highway 82 at New Boston, the child's parents have said.
Bowie County Fire Marshal Scottie Taylor said it now will be up to a grand jury to decide whether to indict anyone.
Authorities have identified Loe's Rentals LLC, of DeKalb, Texas, as the owner of the property.
No charge has been filed in connection with the child's death.