SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Shreveport Police Chief Alan Crump held a news conference on Tuesday to discuss the city's most recent crime stats.
The conference held at the Shreveport Police Department was attended by local media and concerned citizens.
According to information relayed on by SPD, total crime was down by 9 percent compared to last year's statistics.
- Total homicides were down 29 percent.
- Justified homicides were down by half.
- Homicides were down by a quarter.
- Rape totals were down nineteen percent.
- The total number of robberies were down by 33 percent.
- Aggravated assault/battery are down by seven percent.
- Burglary totals were down by twenty percent.
- The total of thefts is down by five percent.
- However, there was no gain or loss regarding auto thefts.
The violent crime index is down by fifteen percent and property crime index is down by eight percent.
The first of those community meetings will be held starting at 6 p.m. on Thursday, July 26 at the David Raines Community Center, 1625 David Raines Road, in north Shreveport.