SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - A Shreveport business has been shut down by the Louisiana Health Department for a laundry list of health code violations.
Dupont Fish Market at 161 N. Market Street has been in business since 1943. However, its doors were shut on Monday.
Below is a list of violations found by the Louisiana Department of Health.
- Materials used to construct food contact equipment allow the migration of deleterious substances. (rusted knife)
- Food contact surfaces and utensils are not clean to sight and touch. (cutting board, knife sharpener)
- Flies are present in the establishment
- Insects are present in the establishment. Ants in freezer gaskets and insulation.
- Prohibited live animals are present within the establishment. Dog in the back area of the place where freezers and pecan equipment is stored. Feces on floor
- Potentially hazardous foods are not properly thawed.
- Food is not stored in a clean, covered container. Fish in a chest freezer
- Packaged food is stored in direct contact with ice or water. Fish in cooler
- An accurate ambient air temperature-measuring device is not provided for freezers.
- Non-food contact equipment is not maintained in good repair. Freezer gaskets and lids.
- The sink compartments are not large enough to accommodate the immersion of the largest equipment and utensils. Cutting boards too large.
- Non-food contact surfaces of equipment have an accumulation of dust, dirt, food residue and other debris. Chest freezers, ice coolers, freezer bottom.
- A sanitizer test kit is not provided to accurately measure the concentration in mg/L or parts per million of sanitizing solution provided.
- Food handlers are not wearing proper hair restraints.
- Soap and or paper towels are not provided for use at the handwashing lavatory.
- The toilet room fixtures are not clean
- A covered waste can is not provided in the ladies toilet room
- There was an insufficient number of receptacles for garbage. No outside dumpsters. Trash piled in areas of the establishment.
- Plumbing is not maintained. Back restroom hand sink is not plumbed. Drains to floor.
- Openings are not protected against the entry of rodents or insects. Backdoor open and gaps/holes in walls and ceilings.
- There are unnecessary items on the premises. Broken/unused equipment
- Floors are not clean
- Floor is not maintained level or in good repair
- Walls and ceiling in the food preparation are not constructed of smooth, light-colored, durable and easily cleanable materials. Wall behind cutting boards in front area.
- A valid permit to operate was not obtained prior to the opening of the food establishment and/or the permit is not valid due to nonpayment of fees/penalties.