SFD: Electrical problem may have started shed fire

Updated: Jul. 11, 2018 at 9:20 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Shreveport Fire Department trying to figure out what caused a shed in the backyard of a home to catch fire Wednesday morning.

The fire happened around 7:45 a.m. at a home in the 9000 block of Sara Lane.

Firefighters say a possible electrical problem with a powerline that either fell or was hanging down may have caused the shed in the backyard to catch fire.

Crews had the flames under control around 8 a.m.

The home was not damaged and no injuries were reported.

SWEPCO crews were notified.

Copyright 2018 KSLA. All rights reserved.