Food on stove causes Shreveport house fire

Food on stove causes Shreveport house fire

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - A Shreveport family is recovering after fire on a stove caused their home to go up in flames Thursday night.

It happened just before midnight in the 2900 block of Lakeshore Drive between Arkansas and Kentucky avenues.

Firefighters say the food on the store caught fire and then the flames spread to the attic of the home.

After crews arrived they reportedly had the blaze under control in about 15 minutes.

The people inside the home were able to get out safely and there were no injuries reported.

Copyright 2018 KSLA. All rights reserved.