NATCHITOCHES, LA (KSLA) - A Natchitoches man is now facing narcotics charges, according to the Natchitoches Multi-Jurisdictional Drug Task Force.
Officials say Gary Hamilton, 38, was taken into custody near an apartment in the100 block of Lakeview Drive.
A search warrant was reportedly executed at complex where agents believe Hamilton was living at.
Before his arrest, Hamilton destroyed his phone, according to NMJDTF Agents.
Agents say the warrant was obtained after a lengthy investigation into Hamilton allegedly selling illegal narcotics, mainly crystal methamphetamine.
While searching his apartment, agents say they recovered crystal methamphetamine, powder cocaine, ecstasy pills, marijuana, digital scales, and other drug paraphernalia used in manufacturing and distribution.
NMJDTF Agents say they also executed search warrants for two of Hamilton's vehicles.
As a result, $1,165 was seized, according to the NMJDTF.
Hamilton was charged with the following and placed in the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center:
• 2 counts possession of schedule II (methamphetamine, cocaine) with intent to distribute.
• 1 count manufacture of schedule II (crack cocaine.)
• 1 count possession of schedule I (ecstasy) with intent to distribute.
• 1 count simple possession of marijuana.
• 1 count possession of drug paraphernalia.
• 1 count obstruction of justice.
The Task Force encourages all citizens to report any crimes in their neighborhoods anonymously by calling them at 318-357-2248.