Woman suffers cuts, burns when fire rips through home
SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - A woman suffered cuts and burns on her hands when fire ripped through a wood-frame home in Shreveport's Cedar Grove neighborhood.
The family's pet dog died in the blaze on East 66th Street that was reported at 5:49 p.m. Tuesday.
The woman has been taken to a hospital for treatment.
She was the only member of a family of four who was at home at the time of the fire, authorities said.
The blaze heavily damaged the structure, rendering it unlivable.
The Fire Department had a dozen units on the scene between Fairfield and Thornhill avenues.
Four police units assisted with the call in the 400 block of East 66th.
This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.
Copyright 2018 KSLA. All rights reserved.