SFD extinguish house fire in Mooretown

SFD extinguish house fire in Mooretown
(Source: Stacey Cameron/KSLA News 12)
(Source: Stacey Cameron/KSLA News 12)

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Shreveport firefighters extinguished a house fire on Thursday morning.

Crews got the call just after 11 a.m. to the 4300 block of Curtis Lane.

Firefighters on the scene say one person was home at the time but was escape without injury.

He told firemen he had a space heater, which he believes it malfunctioned and caught a comforter on fire. He also said he had smoke detectors in the home but they did not have batteries.

This is a developing story. Stay with KSLA News 12 for updates.

Copyright 2017 KSLA. All rights reserved.