ARKLATEX (KSLA) - Floodwaters from Tropical Storm Harvey are starting impact roadways as far north as DeSoto.
Hudson Darby Road in the Catuna area of the parish is closed because it has been washed out, the DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office reports.
As Tropical Storm Harvey continues its path north through Louisiana, road closures have been announced in the following areas:
DeSoto Parish — The DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Office has announced this road closure:
- Hudson Darby Road in the Catuna area
Natchitoches Parish — The Louisiana highway department says these roads are closed:
- LA Hwy. 9 north of Campti
LA Hwy. 117
LA Hwy. 120 at Flora
LA Hwy. 120 at Robeline
LA Hwy. 478 at Flora
LA Hwy. 153 from Creston to Ashland
LA Hwy. 155 at Ashland
LA Hwy. 156 to Goldonna
LA Hwy. 479
LA Hwy. 480 behind M&M Grocery
LA Hwy. 487 near Marthaville
All other state roads in Natchitoches Parish remain open.
The Natchitoches Parish Sheriff's Office recently posted that there's water over U.S. Highway 71 in Campti.
The Sheriff's Office previously released this list of road closures on its Facebook page:
- Nelson Road near Marthaville
- Eight Mile Loop in Oak Grove
- Collins Road near Provencal
- Stiles Road off of Collier Hill Road north of Campti
- Longlois Hill Road near Flora
- Jim Bell Road north of Campti
- Rocks Creek Road near Marthaville
- Central Loop near Center Point Energy near Robeline
- Mammy Trail near McDonald's Camp
- BJ Smith Road
- Bright Star Church Road
- Chiquanpin Drive off La. Hwy. 3191
- Allen-Marthaville Road near Crossroads Church
The City of Natchitoches has posted a list of flooded roads in city limits:
- East 5th Street at Bienville Street
- East 5th Street at Royal Street
- Watson Drive at South Drive
- Ledet at Katelyn
- Williams Avenue from Byrd Avenue to Salter Street
- Stevens Avenue at East 3rd Street
- Texas Street at underpass
- Eagle Pass
- Fairgrounds Road at Reba Street
- Breda Avenue
- Rowena Street
- Keyser Avenue at Walmart
- North Melrose Avenue
Water is ponding on roads, ditches are filling up. Some city streets are taking on water.
Road conditions are expected to deteriorate, authorities say.
Water is being reported over Shuteye Road in Many as well as the Fair Grounds area and Botan Road.road.
"Rains continue to fall at rates of over a inch per hour, and additional flooding is expected throughout the evening," the Sabine Parish Sheriff's Office posted about 7 p.m.
Parish authorities said roads closed as of 6 p.m. included:
- LA Hwy. 118 at Cenchrea
- LA Hwy. 174 between Converse and Phill
- LA Hwy. 175 at Bozeman
- LA Hwy. 473 at Lawrence Rd
- LA Hwy. 473 at Toro Creek
- Marthaville Rd
- Pump Station
- Warren Church
Police in Many have been warning drivers to use caution along Petty Road near the high school.
Police in Many also are alerting people to another threat brought on by the flooding.
This is a developing story. Stay with KSLA News 12 for updates.