McDonald's employees exit restaurant after smoke in building

Published: Apr. 11, 2017 at 12:17 PM CDT|Updated: Apr. 11, 2017 at 12:29 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Employees safely exited a popular fast food restaurant Tuesday morning after smoke filled the building.

Firefighters from the Shreveport Fire Department were called to the McDonald's around 7:30 a.m. in the 1100 block of Kings Highway.

When fire crews arrived, they found a blower unit to be smoking after it failed. Crews ventilated the restaurant and fixed the blower.

There's no word if the McDonald's is back open.

Copyright 2017 KSLA. All rights reserved.