SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Thirteen people want to be the interim representative for District 12 on the Caddo Commission.
The seat was left vacant when longtime Commissioner Kenneth "Ken" Epperson resigned effective 11:59 p.m. Dec. 31.
An interim member must be appointed to the post until a special election can be held later this year.
That's when voters will decide who will fill the remainder of Epperson's term.
Meantime, it's up to commissioners to temporarily fill the seat. They must do so within 20 days of Epperson's resignation.
They set Jan. 11 as the application deadline for those wanting to be the interim commissioner.
One of applicants for the interim position hails from Greenwood. The remaining dozen are Shreveport residents.
Following, listed in alphabetical order, are those who applied:
- John V. Bates, of the 6300 block of Santa Monica Boulevard
- Clifford Collins, of the 4000 block of Calderwood Drive
- Larry Ferdinand, of the 3400 block of Galaxy Lane
- James E. Heard Sr., of the 8300 block of Tanya Drive in Greenwood
- Derrick L. Henderson, of the 3000 block of Long Pines Drive
- Willie Henderson, of the 3500 block of Twilight Lane
- Louis Johnson, of the 6600 block of Gahagan Circle
- Reginald D. Johnson, of the 4100 block of Deer Creek
- Darius Z. Kimble, of the 4200 block of Scenic Drive
- Joyce M. Lawrence, of the 4100 block of Scenic Drive
- Fred Moss IV, of the 3300 block of Sandra Drive
- Janice “Kay” Proby-Waller, of the 4200 block of Calderwood Drive
- James C. Rogers, of the 6000 block of Yarbrough Road
Commissioners are expected to decide Jan. 19 which of these 13 will fill the post.