Gas leak leads to explosion inside Fairfield Historic District home

Gas leak leads to explosion inside Fairfield Historic District home

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - A gas leak led to an explosion in a Fairfield Ave. home Sunday afternoon.

Shreveport firefighters were called to the home in the 2400 block of Fairfield Ave. around 4:30 p.m., according to officers on the scene.

The fire caused by the explosion is said to have only reached an small portion of the inside of the home. No injuries have been reported.

Copyright 2016 KSLA. All rights reserved.