The hottest weather of 2016 so far and our first heat wave of the summer is expected to arrive later this week. A Heat Advisory has been issued for Wednesday and Thursday as much of the ArkLaTex is expected to see a dangerous combination of hot weather and high humidity.
Futuretrack shows that the Heat Index, or what it will feel like when you combine the temperature with the humidity, could climb between 105 and 110 through Thursday afternoon.
Temperatures will steadily climb the rest of the week. After hitting the low 90s in most locations Tuesday, we'll heat up a little more, into the mid 90s on Wednesday.
By Thursday afternoon mid to upper 90s are expected.
Friday could be the hottest day with widespread upper 90s. A few locations could even hit 100 as we close out the work week!
Here are a few heat safety tips to keep in mind as the temperatures climb:
- Avoid doing strenuous activity outdoors during the hottest part of the day
- If you have to work outside take plenty of breaks in the shade and stay hydrated
- Do NOT leave children or pets in a hot car!
- Check on family or neighbors who don't have or are reluctant to use air conditioning
- Pets left outside need shade and a constant supply of cool water
Connect with me on social media!
Facebook: Meteorologist Jeff Castle