Fire damages Shreveport Southern Classic Chicken restaurant

Published: Dec. 4, 2015 at 1:01 PM CST|Updated: Dec. 18, 2015 at 1:01 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - A fire at a Southern Classic Chicken restaurant in Shreveport has been brought under control.

The flames broke out in a storage room just after 7 a.m. in the back of the restaurant in the 200 block of West 70th St.

No one was in the building at the time, and the doors were locked.

Firefighters on the scene say the blaze was heavily involved when they arrived, but it was brought under control within 15 minutes.

Traffic delays were expected to clear up in the area by 8:30 a.m.

There is no word yet on the extent of the damage or a cause, but foul play is not suspected.

Copyright 2015 KSLA. All rights reserved.