Nasser Children & Adult Orthodontics
This visit will allow you to meet with Dr. Nasser and become acquainted with our staff and facilities. Dr. Nasser will examine you and record information about the malocclusion ("bad bite") present. After examining you, Dr Nasser will provide you with a treatment plan, approximate fee, and treatment timeline.
Our goal at the initial examination is to provide you with as much information as possible at the most affordable fee. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call.
Our goal is to treat all of our patients the way we would want to be treated, and that is with T.L.C.
With braces, you'll have to adjust to a new regimen of eating & cleaning your teeth.
Here are some guidelines:
- You may chew gum (SUGARLESS ONLY). It will help stop soreness and aid in tooth movement.
Your new eating habits:
- No Nuts
- No Ice
- No Ribs
- No Popcorn
- No Corn on the Cob
- No Hard or Sticky Candies
- No Chips (except for Lays)
Your new tooth brushing habits:
- USE A SOFT BRISTLE TOOTHBRUSH ONLY !!!
- Take the perio-probe and go between each brace. This probe will remove food as well as plaque. Your toothbrush cannot clean these areas properly This procedure will need to be done at least two times a day.
- Take your soft bristle toothbrush and run it under hot water. This will make the bristle softer and ensure proper gum massaging can be done. Do not use toothpaste for this part of the cleaning. Place the toothbrush on your gums, making a small circular motion. DO NOT SCRUB! This procedure should be done at least two times a day.
- Put toothpaste on your toothbrush and brush regularly. Make sure that you brush your tongue and the roof of your mouth.
- Use a waterpik TM to aid in cleaning, but remember to continue proper brushing habits.
- Floss with a floss threader or try to use SUPER FLOSS.
Caring for your appliances is of the utmost importance. If you should notice that something has come loose or has broken away from your tooth, contact our office immediately. If at any time during your treatment you should have something begin to stick you or bother you in any way call us immediately Your appliances will only work if they are in the exact place that we put them.
BROKEN OR DAMAGED APPLIANCES WILL ONLY PROLONG YOUR TREATMENT TIME.
For more information click here to visit our virtual office at www.drnasser.com.