S'port fire at apt. complex displaces six families

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Shreveport Firefighter investigators blame an air conditioning unit for a fire Saturday afternoon at a Shreveport apartment complex.

The fire broke out at the Country Club Apartments in the 4200 block of Lakeshore Drive in Shreveport.

Six families reportedly lived in the building where the fire was. That building sustained heavy smoke and fire damage, but luckily no one was hurt.

It is unknown at this time as to when those six families will be able to return home.

©2009 KSLA-TV & Raycom Media. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.