Rangers vs. Rays AL Wild Card Game 2 Probable Starting Pitchers Today - October 4
The Tampa Bay Rays and Texas Rangers take the field for Game 2 of the AL Wild Card Series at Tropicana Field, Wednesday at 3:08 PM ET. The Rangers have a 1-0 series lead as they try to move on to the ALDS.
The Rays will give the nod to Zach Eflin (16-8) versus the Rangers and Nathan Eovaldi (12-5).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rangers vs. Rays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- Time: 3:08 PM ET
- TV: ABC
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Eflin - TB (16-8, 3.50 ERA) vs Eovaldi - TEX (12-5, 3.63 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Rangers Injury Report|
|Rays vs Rangers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Rangers Player Props|
|How to Watch Rays vs Rangers|
|Rays vs Rangers Odds|
|Rays vs Rangers Prediction|
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Nathan Eovaldi
- The Rangers are sending Eovaldi (12-5) to the mound to make his 26th start of the season. He is 12-5 with a 3.63 ERA and 132 strikeouts through 144 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's last time out was on Saturday against the Seattle Mariners, when he tossed 3 1/3 innings, surrendering seven earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 33-year-old has a 3.63 ERA and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings over 25 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .225 to opposing hitters.
- Eovaldi has 11 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Eovaldi heads into the matchup with 21 outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in eight of his 25 outings this season.
Nathan Eovaldi vs. Rays
- He will take the mound against a Rays offense that ranks fifth in the league with 1435 total hits (on a .260 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .445 (fourth in the league) with 230 total home runs (sixth in MLB action).
- Eovaldi has thrown 12 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs on nine hits while striking out eight against the Rays this season.
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zach Eflin
- Eflin (16-8) will take to the mound for the Rays and make his 32nd start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs in five innings pitched on Tuesday, Sept. 26 in his last outing, a matchup with the Boston Red Sox.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 31 games this season with a 3.50 ERA and 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .234.
- In 31 starts this season, he's earned 17 quality starts.
- Eflin will look to finish five or more innings for the ninth start in a row.
- In 31 appearances this season, he has finished five without allowing an earned run.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 29-year-old's 3.50 ERA ranks 17th, 1.019 WHIP ranks second, and 9.4 K/9 ranks 17th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.