Rays vs. Rangers Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - AL Wild Card Game 2
Wednesday's contest at Tropicana Field has the Tampa Bay Rays (99-63) squaring off against the Texas Rangers (90-72) at 3:08 PM ET (on October 4). Our computer prediction projects a narrow 5-4 win for the Rays, so it should be a competitive matchup.
The Rays will give the nod to Zach Eflin (16-8, 3.50 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 17 on the season, and the Rangers will counter with Nathan Eovaldi (12-5, 3.63 ERA).
Rangers vs. Rays Game Info & Odds
- When: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 3:08 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: ABC
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rangers vs. Rays Score Prediction
Our prediction for this contest is Rays 5, Rangers 4.
Total Prediction for Rangers vs. Rays
- Total Prediction: Over 8 runs
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|DraftKings||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 In bonus bets instantly!|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
Explore More About This Game
Rangers Performance Insights
- The Rangers have played as the underdog in four of their past 10 games and have gone 2-2 in those contests.
- When it comes to the total, Texas and its opponents are 2-7-1 in its previous 10 games.
- The Rangers' previous 10 matchups have not had a runline posted by oddsmakers.
- The Rangers have won in 23, or 47.9%, of the 48 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This season, Texas has come away with a win eight times in 19 chances when named as an underdog of at least +120 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Rangers have an implied victory probability of 45.5% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- The offense for Texas is No. 3 in baseball, scoring 5.4 runs per game (881 total runs).
- The Rangers have pitched to a 4.27 ERA this season, which ranks 18th in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 28||@ Mariners||L 3-2||Jordan Montgomery vs Logan Gilbert|
|September 29||@ Mariners||L 8-0||Nathan Eovaldi vs Bryan Woo|
|September 30||@ Mariners||W 6-1||Andrew Heaney vs Luis Castillo|
|October 1||@ Mariners||L 1-0||Dane Dunning vs George Kirby|
|October 3||@ Rays||W 4-0||Jordan Montgomery vs Tyler Glasnow|
|October 4||@ Rays||-||Nathan Eovaldi vs Zach Eflin|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.