Rangers vs. Mariners Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 2
Marcus Semien brings a 20-game hitting streak into the Texas Rangers' (35-20) game against the Seattle Mariners (29-27), at 8:05 PM ET on Friday, at Globe Life Field.
The probable starters are Luis Castillo (4-2) for the Mariners and Jon Gray (5-1) for the Rangers.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rangers vs. Mariners Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, June 2, 2023
- Time: 8:05 PM ET
- TV: BSSW
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Venue: Globe Life Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Castillo - SEA (4-2, 2.69 ERA) vs Gray - TEX (5-1, 2.81 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Rangers Injury Report|
|Mariners vs Rangers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Mariners vs Rangers Player Props|
|How to Watch Mariners vs Rangers|
|Mariners vs Rangers Odds|
|Mariners vs Rangers Prediction|
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jon Gray
- Gray (5-1 with a 2.81 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 57 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rangers, his 11th of the season.
- His last appearance was on Friday, May 26 against the Baltimore Orioles, when the righty went seven innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 31-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.81, with 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings in 10 games this season. Opponents are hitting .215 against him.
- Gray is trying to secure his sixth quality start of the year.
- Gray will try to extend an eight-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.7 frames per appearance).
Jon Gray vs. Mariners
- He meets a Mariners offense that ranks 19th in the league with 249 total runs scored while batting .228 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .381 slugging percentage (26th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 61 home runs (18th in the league).
- Gray has thrown seven innings, giving up one earned run on four hits while striking out eight against the Mariners this season.
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Luis Castillo
- Castillo (4-2) will take the mound for the Mariners, his 12th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Saturday, when he tossed six innings without allowing a run on one hit in a matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in 11 games this season with an ERA of 2.69, a 5.07 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of .990.
- He's looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Castillo has pitched five or more innings in 11 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 30-year-old ranks ninth in ERA (2.69), sixth in WHIP (.990), and 10th in K/9 (10.7).
Luis Castillo vs. Rangers
- The Rangers are batting .272 this season, first in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .451 (fourth in the league) with 71 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Rangers one time this season, allowing them to go 8-for-23 with three doubles, a home run and three RBI in five innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.