Rangers vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 24
Marcus Semien rides a 13-game hitting streak into the Texas Rangers' (30-18) game against the Pittsburgh Pirates (25-23) at 12:35 PM ET on Wednesday, at PNC Park.
The Rangers will give the nod to Martin Perez (5-1, 4.01 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 6 on the season, and the Pirates will turn to Johan Oviedo (3-3, 4.69 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Rangers vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 12:35 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Perez - TEX (5-1, 4.01 ERA) vs Oviedo - PIT (3-3, 4.69 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Rangers Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rangers vs Pirates Player Props|
|Rangers vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Pirates|
|Rangers vs Pirates Odds|
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Martín Pérez
- The Rangers will send Perez (5-1) to the mound for his 10th start this season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw seven innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up two earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 4.01, a 2.71 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.520.
- He has earned a quality start three times in nine starts this season.
- Perez has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Johan Oviedo
- Oviedo makes the start for the Pirates, his 10th of the season. He is 3-3 with a 4.69 ERA and 43 strikeouts over 48 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Friday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he threw six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- In nine games this season, the 25-year-old has an ERA of 4.69, with 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .262 against him.
- Oviedo is looking to pick up his fifth quality start of the season.
- Oviedo will try to build on a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.3 frames per outing).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 25-year-old ranks 58th in ERA (4.69), 68th in WHIP (1.542), and 42nd in K/9 (8.1).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.