Doctor discusses how to protect children during virus season
SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - It is that time of the year again, the weather is getting cooler, and sickness is rising.
On Nov. 9, Doctor Lelle Ratliff, of Mid City Pediatrics, visits KSLA to discuss the upcoming season and how to protect your children from getting sick.
The clinic has been seeing an uptick in illnesses such as the flu, COVID, RSV, Coup, and other cold-like virus.
What the doctor recommends:
- Washing hands more often or using hand sanitizer
- Teach children to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze
- Good diet
- Plenty of rest
- Keep kids home when they are sick
- Avoid taking children to crowded areas, especially when they are less than six years old
- Ask relatives not to kiss the babies
Copyright 2023 KSLA. All rights reserved.