Get free legal advice at Shreve Memorial Library locations
SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - In partnership with the Louisiana Bar Association, the Shreve Memorial Library system is hosting a program that makes lawyers accessible to the community.
Throughout the week of Oct. 23, the “Lawyers in Libraries” program is meant to help people who need legal advice but may not be able to afford a consultation. Local attorneys will visit several SML branches to offer free individual “Ask-a-Lawyer” sessions on civil legal issues.
Attorneys will provide information on topics such as bankruptcy, collection matters, custody, divorce, evictions, FEMA/disaster benefits, food stamps, foreclosures, housing, Medicaid, Social Security, SSI/SSDI, successions, taxes and wills/estate planning.
- Monday, October 23: 9–11 a.m. at David Raines Branch, 2855 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
- Tuesday, October 24: 3– 5 p.m. at West Shreveport Branch, 4380 Pines Road
- Wednesday, October 25: 1:30–3:30 p.m. at Cedar Grove-Line Avenue Branch, 8303 Line Ave.
- Wednesday, October 25: 5–7 p.m. at Mooretown Branch, 4360 Hollywood Ave.
- Saturday, October 28: 9–11 a.m. at North Shreveport Branch, 4844 North Market St.*
- Saturday, October 28: 1–3 p.m. at Cedar Grove-Line Avenue Branch, 8303 Line Ave.
MORE FROM KSLA THIS MORNING>>
Copyright 2023 KSLA. All rights reserved.