ELECTION RESULTS: Lt. Gov. Billy Nungesser wins re-election
Published: Sep. 22, 2023 at 12:51 PM CDT|Updated: Oct. 16, 2023 at 8:55 AM CDT
SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - Republican Billy Nungesser will continue to be Louisiana’s lieutenant governor, with more than half of precincts reporting.
Six candidates ran for the position.
- Elbert “Pawpaw” Guillory (R)
- Guillory, of Opelousas, Louisiana, worked in the Nixon Administration teaching agencies how to enforce modern civil rights laws.
- He served a decade in the Louisiana legislature as a state senator.
- “Tami” Hotard (R)
- Tami Hotard was born in New Orleans.
- Hotard is a businesswoman who worked in real estate development and management for 25 years in Florida, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
- She taught college and authored books on Louisiana tourism.
- Willie Jones (D)
- Jones previously ran in 2019 for the same position against Billy Nungesser.
- Billy Nungesser (R)
- Nungesser, the incumbent, was elected president of Plaquemines Parish in 2006 and was re-elected in 2010.
- He was a small businessman and earned Louisiana Life Magazine’s Top CEO.
- Bruce Payton (I)
- Payton was born in Harahan, Louisiana, and has decades of business experience, including several industries, education, and real estate.
- He worked as a media consultant.
- Gary Rispone (no party)
- Rispone lives in Greenwell Springs, Louisiana.
- His career experience includes owning and working as a co-host of a cable TV outdoors show.
Copyright 2023 KSLA. All rights reserved.