Young Professionals Initiative of NWLA hosts 40 Under Forty gala for 2023
One of KSLA’s own was honored!
SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - The Young Professionals Initiative of Northwest Louisiana’s 40 Under Forty Class of 2023 gathered for a gala Friday night.
A Greater Shreveport Chamber program, the awards honor 40 professionals under 40-years-old who have “excelled in their careers, education, professional development, community leadership, and volunteer efforts.”
“It is truly a privilege to honor this outstanding group of young professionals for their contributions to our community. We cannot wait to get to know this year’s class better and to celebrate their accomplishments and continued efforts to make Northwest Louisiana a better place to live, work and play,” said YPI Executive Committee Chair and Director of Marketing for Visit Shreveport-Bossier, Liz Chreene.
Thomas Pressly was selected to receive the Young Professional of the Year Award at the Awards Gala on Dec. 1 at Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino.
He is an experienced attorney, public servant and leader in northwest Louisiana. As a civil litigation attorney, Thomas advocates for his clients and spends time mentoring younger lawyers. He has given back to his profession as the President of the Young Lawyers Section of the Shreveport Bar Association as well as the Chair of Law Day. He has served on the board of the Robinson Film Center, the Shreveport Bar Association, the Young Professionals of Community Renewal International and is a frequent speaker on various issues facing our community and state. Over the past four years, Pressly has fought for our region as a Louisiana State Representative.
“We are delighted to recognize Thomas Pressly as the YPI Young Professional of the Year,” said Dr. Tim Magner, President of the Greater Shreveport Chamber. “Thomas is a standout member of the exceptional class of recipients this year. With these young professionals making their way into leadership positions, the future of Shreveport-Bossier is in good hands.”
Included in this year’s class is KSLA’s own Biskie Duncan!
- KaDavien Baylor, KaDavien Baylor LLC
- Liz Buhler, Heard, McElroy & Vestal, LLC
- Jeremy Burge, Louisiana Truck Stop & Gaming Administration, LLC
- Dr. Kiran Chahal, Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport
- Kelli Cole, Good Granoly
- Cory Joy Craig, Bossier Parish Schools
- Shocker Creal, City of Shreveport
- Krystal Critton, Junior Achievement of North Louisiana, Inc.
- Krysta Cyr, Red Ball Oxygen Co., Inc.
- Meagan McDuffy Davis, CenterPoint Energy
- Biskie Duncan, KSLA News 12
- Lakeisha Florence, Providence House
- Christena D. Francis, Magnolia School of Excellence - Upper
- Wanda Gertin, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Ally Real Estate
- Bridgetta Jene’ Giles, Choices, INC
- Lariana Graham-Taylor, LCSW-BACS, Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
- Tamika Hayden, Louisiana State University
- Chris Henry, CMD, Willis Knighton Health System Radiation Oncology
- Dominique Horton Washington, City of Shreveport
- Jodi Hutto, Keller Williams Realty
- Clarke Jackson, Shreveport Fire Department
- Dr. Ryan Jacobsen, Overton Brooks VAMC
- RJ Johnson, McElroy Metal LLC
- Erin Johnston, Healing Minds LLC
- Dr. Jimmy Jones, PhD, Axom Development
- Rodjerick Larry, Alloy Piping Products
- Shawn McNeil, MD, LSU Health Shreveport
- Paige Melton, United Way of Northwest Louisiana
- Lucas Morgan, LSU Shreveport
- Matt Oates, Home Federal Bank
- Corrie Parker, Holy Angels Residential Facility
- Dr. Sierra Pollock, University Veterinary Hospital
- Thomas Pressly, Pettiette Armand Dunkelman Woodley & Cromwell LLP
- Krista Queen, LSU Health Shreveport
- Allison Richardson, Volunteers for Youth Justice
- Jason Shidiskis, Praeses, LLC
- Matt Stephens, Willow Chute Financial
- LaToria Stewart, Caddo Parish Schools
- Nikura Tucker, Community Care Partners, Inc
- Brittany R. Willis, City of Shreveport
STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH THE LATEST NEWS>>>
A Gray Media Group, Inc. Station - © 2002-2023 Gray Television, Inc.