Man arrested in connection to downtown Cleveland shooting that injured 9
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO/Gray News) - Police have arrested a man in a shooting in downtown Cleveland that sent multiple people to the hospital.
According to Cleveland police, 25-year-old Jaylon Jennings was taken into custody in relation to the incident.
Police said they were able to locate Jennings around 3:45 p.m. Tuesday with help from the U.S. Marshals. Jennings was taken into custody without incident from a home in the 2900 block of Toledo Avenue in Lorain.
Police have also requested a warrant to search Jennings’ home following his arrest.
According to an arrest warrant, Jennings was seen inside Rumor Bar & Lounge before the shooting, where he allegedly spotted several of the victims.
The warrant states Jennings then went out to his car in a parking lot on West 6th Street and got a gun from his trunk. The gun was described by witnesses as a “Glock with an extended magazine.”
Police said Jennings then went back and “deliberately” shot at people.
Cleveland Police Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia confirmed the shooting occurred at around 2:30 a.m. Nine people were transported to MetroHealth Medical Center with gunshot wounds.
Cleveland City officials said the nine people who were injured included:
- A 23-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the forearm.
- A 29-year-old man with a gunshot wound to his leg.
- A 26-year-old man with gunshot wounds to his wrist and lower body.
- A 24-year-old woman with gunshot wounds to both feet.
- A 38-year-old man with a gunshot wound to his leg.
- A 23-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to her knee.
- A 27-year-old man with gunshot wounds to his legs.
- A 26-year-old man with a gunshot wound to his leg.
- A 24-year-old man with a gunshot wound to his knee.
Copyright 2023 WOIO via Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.