KSLA News 12 Jobs Map
Looking for work or workers? Here are ArkLaTex hiring events
(KSLA) — Looking for work? Check out the KSLA News 12 Jobs Map:
• AutoZone is holding a drive-up/walk-in hiring event from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17 at its store at 6940 Pines Road in Shreveport.
They’ll be hiring for multiple full- and part-time positions in the Shreveport/Bossier City area, including drivers and retail and commercial sales. Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
Interviews can be scheduled in advance. On-the-spot interviews also are welcome. Same-day offers are possible.
Those who cannot attend may check out job opportunities at AutoZone.com/careers.
• Overton Brooks VA Medical Center, 510 E. Stoner Ave. in Shreveport, will conduct an onboarding surge event from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17.
“The OSE model is a standardized, team-centric approach focused on fast tracking a selectee’s onboarding experience by coordinating all required pre-employment actions into a single-day event. The OBVAMC event is part of a bigger nationwide onboarding surge event with the intent to foster a strong, collaborative relationship between HR, hiring managers and employees, as well as reducing the number of selectees waiting to finish pre-employment onboarding requirements,” says a statement from the medical center.
Walmart has announced plans to hire 40,000 U.S. associates for the holiday season and beyond. The company will be welcoming associates in a variety of seasonal and full-time roles.
It will start by offering additional hours to current associates who want them. Then it will offer the opportunity for those who want to earn extra money working on a temporary basis.
That will include:
• Seasonal store associates to assist customers however they want to shop, whether that’s in store or by using pickup and delivery services.
• Full-time, permanent truck drivers who keep the company moving year-round.
• Customer care associates for Walmart’s call centers in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Phoenix, Northwest Arkansas and Draper, Utah.
Those who are interested can apply for open roles by clicking here.
LOOKING FOR WORKERS?
Send details of your job fair or other hiring event via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion on the KSLA News 12 Jobs Map.
Copyright 2022 KSLA. All rights reserved.