Bossier City hosts 21st annual 9/11 remembrance ceremony
BOSSIER CITY, La. (KSLA) - Keep Bossier Beautiful and the city of Bossier City invited the community to join them in their 21st Annual 9/11 remembrance ceremony.
On Sunday, Sept. 11, at the Bossier City Municipal Complex, 620 Benton Road, starting at 9 a.m. the remembrance event began with a moment of silence in honor of all those who lost their lives during the World Trade Centers attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.
The master of ceremonies, Sonja Bailes, headed the ceremony with many guest speakers.
Itinerary for the event:
9:03 Moment of Silence
- Master of ceremonies, Sonja Bailes
- Bossier Schools public relations liaison
- Richard Ray, Bossier City assistant attorney
- Lynn Bryan, executive director Keep Bossier Beautiful
- Lorenzo Johnson, Sunflower Missionary Baptist Church
Presentation of colors
- Barksdale Air Force Honor Guard
Pledge of allegiance
- Students from Bossier Parish Schools
- Abigail Weyermueller, Providence Classical Academy student
Bossier Elementary School essay contest winner
- “What is a Hero?”
Introduction of keynote speaker
- Julian Whittington, Bossier Parish sheriff
- Maj. Bryan C. Sprankle (ret.), United States Marine Corps
- Rev. Billy Pierce
- Bossier Sheriff’s Office chaplin (ret.)
Copyright 2022 KSLA. All rights reserved.