Entergy $150 bill credit application window closes
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - Entergy Louisiana and Entergy New Orleans recently pledged more than $4 million for eligible residential customers across the state for bill payment assistance.
Customers were allowed to apply ONLINE through their area United Way on Wednesday, Aug. 17, from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Qualifying customers were able to apply online for a one-time $150 credit on their utility bill on a first come, first serve basis. The following documentation was required to apply for the one-time credit:
- Photo ID (driver’s license or state-issued ID, passport)
- One of the following income options for each income earner age 18 or older:
- First page of 2021 tax return(s)
- 2021 W2(s)
- Last paystub(s)
- Social Security Administration 1099 or 1042S form(s)
United Way’s online process enabled customers to upload the required documents to complete their application submission. Applications will be processed and administered through the following United Way partners:
- United Way of Southeast Louisiana (Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa and Washington)
- Capital Area United Way (East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Livingston, Ascension, St. James, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, West Feliciana, East Feliciana and St. Helena)
- United Way South Louisiana (Assumption, Lafourche, and Terrebonne)
- United Way of Southwest Louisiana (Calcasieu, Cameron, Jefferson Davis, Allen, and Beauregard)
- United Way Central Louisiana (Avoyelles, Concordia, Grant, LaSalle, Winn)
- United Way of Northeast Louisiana (Caldwell, East Carroll, Franklin, Jackson, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Ouachita, Richland, Tensas, Union and West Carroll)
- United Way of Northwest Louisiana (Sabine, Bossier, Red River, Natchitoches, Bienville, Claiborne and Webster)
- United Way of Acadiana (Acadia, Lafayette, St. Martin and Vermilion)
- St. John United Way (St. John)
- United Way of St. Charles (St. Charles)
- St. Landry-Evangeline United Way (St. Landry)
- United Way of Iberia (Iberia)
While applications were available online at the aforementioned United Way web pages, United Way partners provided additional application details within their respective parishes.
To qualify, customers were required to have a total household income of up to 250% of the federal poverty level, which equates to $69,000 for a family of four. Customers were encouraged to visit www.entergy.com/answers for the most up-to-date information on bill assistance.
Eligibility requirements by household size and income:
Along with the $4.4 million pledge, a $425,000 supplemental donation will be made to Entergy’s The Power to Care program to help low-income older adults and customers with disabilities in Louisiana with their bills. The supplemental donation to The Power to Care is in addition to $1.4 million that has already been donated to The Power to Care for low-income older adults and customers with disabilities in Louisiana.
In addition to a supplemental donation for The Power Care, grants totaling $450,000 will be made to local nonprofits throughout Louisiana. Information regarding those organizations will be provided once they are selected.
Customers who qualify for the $150 bill credits will receive information via text, email, and phone calls. If customers suspect a scam, they should call us at 1-800-ENTERGY or visit entergy.com/scams for more information.
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2022 WAFB. All rights reserved.