MLK Health Center offering free mammograms as part of Ladies Night Out
Published: May. 23, 2022 at 6:32 AM CDT
SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - It’s a jarring statistic: Breast cancer affects 1 in 8 women in the United States, according to the Louisiana Cancer Prevention and Control Programs.
And in Louisiana, breast cancer is also “the most frequently diagnosed cancer among women.”
This is the reason why, for the past six years, MLK Health Center has provided a critical, preventive service for women in northwest Louisiana free of charge.
On Thursday, May 26, the organization is hosting the seventh annual Ladies Night Out; it’s an opportunity for both insured and uninsured women over 40 to get a free mammogram.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Location: MLK Health Center, 865 Olive St. in Shreveport
- Time: 3-7 p.m.
- Eligibility: Screenings for women age 40 or older (includes both insured and uninsured women)
- Women under 40 with breast issues are invited
- Registration: Must be completed by Tuesday, May 24
- Call 318-227-2912, ext. 7 to register
Copyright 2022 KSLA. All rights reserved.