Advertisement

Worker suffers flash burn in incident at Caddo Parish Courthouse

Shreveport firefighters responded to a possible explosion at the courthouse, that later was...
Shreveport firefighters responded to a possible explosion at the courthouse, that later was revealed to be an electrical fire.(KSLA)
Published: Jan. 23, 2022 at 1:08 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - Shreveport firefighters responded to the scene of a fire at the Caddo Parish Courthouse.

Firefighters said the call the morning of Sunday, Jan. 23 originated as a possible explosion. Upon arriving on the scene, crews saw light smoke coming from the building.

A firetruck is parked outside the caddo parish courthouse.
A firetruck is parked outside the caddo parish courthouse.(KSLA)

A contractor accidentally drilled into some electrical wires while working on the building, a Fire Department spokesman said. This caused a flash burn to the worker and set off the courthouse’s sprinkler system. The worker was immediately taken to a hospital.

The scene is still being investigated.

Copyright 2022 KSLA. All rights reserved.