Kilgore College offering tuition assistance for students displaced by COVID-19
Eligible students will receive up to $2,500 in tuition per semester if approved
KILGORE, Texas (KSLA) - An east Texas college wants to ensure students adversely affected by the coronavirus pandemic are able to get back up on their feet, with the help of a sizable grant.
Kilgore College announced it’s receiving $750,000 from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board for emergency aid. The goal is to help students who may have lost a job or had to leave school finish a degree program to make them competitive in the workforce.
Eligible students will receive up to $2,500 in tuition per semester if approved.
Students must major in one of the following degrees:
- Automotive Technology
- Business Computer Office Management
- Computer & Information Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Diesel Technology
- Emergency Medical Technology & Paramedic
- Fire Protection
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Instrumentation & Electrical Technology
- Nursing – ADN & LVN
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Process Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Welding Technology
Below is the following criteria for eligibility:
- Must be a Texas resident
- Must complete the FAFSA and be eligible for federal student aid (Note: state and institutional student aid must be used first)
- Must not have been enrolled in an accredited college or university in the previous long semester or previous six months
- Must affirm that you have been adversely affected by COVID-19
- Have either been displaced from employment due to the COVID-19 pandemic or be a Texas student who stopped out of college without completing a credential
Copyright 2022 KSLA. All rights reserved.