Man’s death was result of conditions under Hurricane Ida, St. James officials say
ST. JAMES PARISH, La. (WVUE) - A man in Vacherie was discovered dead Wednesday as the result of conditions under Hurricane Ida, St. James Parish officials say.
Sheriff’s deputies performed a wellness check after receiving calls from concerned family members.
Deputies responded to another call concerning a Paulina residence and discovered three people suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning and called for medical treatment.
Deputies found that the home generator was under a window of the residence.
St. James officials say that residents should place their generators at least 15 feet from all windows, air condition units, and doors.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click Here to report it. Please include the headline.
Copyright 2021 WVUE. All rights reserved.