COVID-19 vaccination, testing locations in the ArkLaTex
(KSLA) - COVID-19 vaccinations are underway across the ArkLaTex.
Below are the current locations offering vaccines, boosters, and testing. Most locations ask that you bring an ID and proof of insurance.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT SITES
The Center of Excellence for Emerging Threats (CEVT) continues to offer COVID-19 vaccinations at the North Campus site located at 2627 Linwood Ave., Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. *NOTE: The LSU Health Shreveport vaccination site on Linwood will be closed Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day.
- PCR testing is available to all ages
- For initial doses of the vaccine, children ages 5 to 17 may ONLY receive the Pfizer vaccine, but adults aged 18 and older may receive the Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Those age 5 and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised may request a third primary dose of the appropriate vaccine
- The Pfizer Booster shot is available to children ages 12 to 17 that have received their second shot five or more months ago
Regarding Boosters, the FDA recommends:
- If unvaccinated, Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna (mRNA vaccines) are recommended
- Those that are fully vaccinated, should request a booster shot if:
- They received their second Pfizer-BioNTech more than five months ago and are age 12+ years
- They are 18 years of age and received their second Moderna shot more than six months ago
- They received a J&J/Janssen shot more than two months ago
All vaccinations and/or testing takes place without an individual needing to leave the vehicle. No appointments are needed for first or second doses, or the booster. Individuals that received the first and second dose of the vaccine from a non-LSUHS location should preregister at www.lsuhs.edu to receive the booster. Individuals should provide ID and insurance information when they arrive at any LSUHS vaccine distribution site. Those that are without insurance are still eligible to receive the vaccine. To preregister, go to the LSU Health Shreveport website at www.lsuhs.edu.
- VA Clinic (910 Realtor Ave.) - Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Weekend vaccine clinics in Monroe, Texarkana, and Longview alternate (8 a.m. to 12 p.m.).
- David Raines Community Health Center (1514 Doctors Dr.) - Appointments are required and may be made online here, or by calling 318-227-3354. (offering Moderna vaccine)
- Barksdale Air Force Base (425 Lindberg Ave.) - First and/or second doses of the vaccine are now available for Tier 1A, 1B, 1C, and Tier 2 groups on BAFB. This means COVID-19 vaccination appointments are now available to all Tricare beneficiaries age 18 or older. Vaccinations will take place at the “O” Club near North Gate on April 29. However, Tricare beneficiaries must first book their vaccine appointment online here. Walk-ins will not be accepted and will be turned away. For questions regarding Tricare status, call 1-800-538-9552.
- David Raines Community Health Center (12763 Lay St.) - Appointments are required and may be made online here, or by calling 318-227-3354. (offering Moderna vaccine)
- David Raines Community Health Center (1953 Main St.) - Appointments are required and may be made online here, or by calling 318-227-3354. (offering Moderna vaccine)
- DeSoto Regional Health System (207 Jefferson St.) - Call 318-270-3179 to make an appointment. Appointments will be made Wednesdays through Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Patients must bring ID and insurance/Medicaid/Medicare information.
- David Raines Community Health Center (128 Homer Rd.) - Appointments are required and may be made online here, or by calling 318-227-3354. (offering Moderna vaccine)
- LSU Health Shreveport (Louisiana State Fairgrounds location) - Hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Children ages 12 to 15 must be preregistered online here. Pfizer vaccines are also available for children ages 5 to 11. Those under 18 years old must have a parent/guardian present. Patients should bring a photo ID and insurance information. Those with no insurance are still eligible for the shot. (offering Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines)
- Ochsner-LSU Health Shreveport - Currently offering vaccination appointments to residents 5 and older Tuesday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Locations are its Ambulatory Care Center, (1602 Kings Hwy. - former Chevyland dealership) and St. Mary Medical Center (915 Margaret Place) To schedule an appointment, click here or call 318-626-0050. (offering Pfizer vaccine)
- David Raines Community Health Center (1625 David Raines Rd. or 3021 W 70th St.) - Appointments are required and may be made online here, or by calling 318-227-3354. (offering Moderna vaccine)
- Galilee Baptist Church (1500 Pierre Ave.) - Every Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 4 to 7 p.m. The general public is invited; appointments are not required. COVID-19 testing is available at this location every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, call 318-221-2629. (offering Pfizer vaccine)
- Overton Brooks VA Medical Center (former entrance to the Primary Care Blue/White Team of the East Wing) - Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Veterans and others eligible for the vaccine should check in at the Blue/White Team area, located in the East Wing of the first floor. The COVID-19 vaccine walk-in clinic is also open Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. Weekend vaccine clinics in Monroe, Texarkana, and Longview alternate. The clinic is also offering booster shots (Moderna and Johnson & Johnson) for those eligible, which includes those 65+, those 18+ who live in long-term care settings, those 18+ who have underlying medical conditions, and those 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings.
- Southern University (3050 MLK Dr.) - Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Drive-thru testing and vaccinations available in the student parking lot in front of the gym. (offering Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines and boosters)
- Martin Luther King Community Center (1341 Russel Rd.) - Friday, May 13 at 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Shreveport West Center (7288 Greenwood Rd., Suite 116) - Saturday, May 14 from 12 to 3 p.m. Vaccinations provided by LSU Health Shreveport. Booster shots available, as well as initial doses. Free transportation provided by iShuttle available (call 318-347-9012 to schedule). Games for kids and snacks will be available. (offering Pfizer and Moderna)
- Shreveport Farmers’ Market (101 Crockett St., under the pavilion at Festival Plaza) - Saturday, July 9 from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. Individuals who receive any dose of the vaccine will get a $100 gift card provided by the City of Shreveport.
- Galilee Baptist Church (1500 Pierre Ave.) - Saturday, July 9 from 12 to 2 p.m. Individuals who receive any dose of the vaccine will get a $100 gift card provided by the City of Shreveport.
- Shreveport Farmers’ Market (101 Crockett St., under the pavilion at Festival Plaza) - Saturday, July 16 from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. Individuals who receive any dose of the vaccine will get a $100 gift card provided by the City of Shreveport.
- Peaceful Rest Church (8200 St. Vincent Ave.) - Saturday, July 16 from 12 to 2 p.m. Individuals who receive any dose of the vaccine will get a $100 gift card provided by the City of Shreveport.
- St. Paul United Methodist Church (Hwy. 49 W) - Saturday, April 23 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All vaccines and boosters available.
- CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Urgent Care (2101 W Loop 281) - Vaccinations available Monday through Friday. Walk-ins welcome. Appointments can be scheduled online here. (offering Pfizer vaccine)
- VA Clinic (1005 N Eastman Rd.) - Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Weekend clinics in Longview, Monroe and Texarkana rotate (8 a.m. to 12 p.m.).
- Marshall-Harrison County Health District (805 Lindsey Dr.) - To book an appointment, call 903-938-8338.
- Texarkana-Bowie County Family Health Clinic (902 W 12th St.) - Free testing is available at this site Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Click here to make an appointment.
- Asbury United Methodist Church (3200 Airline Dr.) - Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- CHRISTUS Coushatta Health Care Center (1635 Marvel St.) - Drive-thru testing is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Results are available within 24-36 hours. Those needing a test should drive under the old ER entrance awning on the west side of the current ER. Enter off Marvel Street and exit toward Ringgold Avenue. Those with questions should call 318-932-2000.
- Natchitoches Regional Medical Center Walk-In Clinic & Primary Care (740 Keyser Ave.) - Tuesday and Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Results will be given via phone call within 24 hours. A driver’s license or picture ID is required for testing and is available for ages 12 and up.
- LSU Health Shreveport North Campus/former Chevyland dealership (2627 Linwood Ave.) - Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tests taken before noon receive results within 72 hours via email. To combat wait time, preregistration is strongly encouraged.
- Shreveport VA (510 E Stoner Ave.) - Monday through Friday, beginning Jan. 31, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Drive-thru testing will only be available to veterans with symptoms. Test results may take three to four days to return.
- McCurtain County Health Department (1400 Lynn Ln.) - Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Patients must schedule an appointment ahead of time online here. The state health department will also post mobile testing locations on its Facebook page.
- CVS (1424 North St.) - Call 936-569-9596 to schedule a drive-thru test.
- Walgreens (3004 North St.) - Call 936-569-0183 to schedule a drive-thru test.
- East Texas Community Health Services (1401 S University Dr.) - Call 936-560-5668 to schedule a test.
- Kroger (1215 North St.) - Call 936-569-8226 to schedule a drive-thru test.
- Walmart Neighborhood Market (1030 N University Drive) - Call 936-585-7811 to schedule a drive-thru test.
- Strive Express Care (3205 N University Dr.) - Call 936-585-8000 to schedule a test.
- Urgent Doc (4909 North St. #202) - Call 936-560-9898 to schedule a test.
- Texas Quick Care (2608 N University Dr.) - Call 936-205-1099 to schedule a test.
- Texarkana-Bowie County Family Health Center (902 W 12th St.)
- HealthCARE Express Urgent Care (4701 W 7th St.) - The drive-thru testing site is offering rapid antigen and rapid molecular PCR tests with same-day results to asymptomatic people. Those wishing to be tested should make an appointment online here. Testing costs $225; insurance will not be billed.
MONOCLONAL ANTIBODY TREATMENT SITES
- Troy Mayeaux Ball Field Parking Lot (within East Natchitoches Recreation Complex, 230 Dalme Dr.) - Open 7 days per week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Louisiana Fairgrounds (3701 Hudson Ave.) - Open 7 days per week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Copyright 2022 KSLA. All rights reserved.