SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) - The Caddo Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, city and parish governmental agencies will distribute water in Shreveport and Caddo Parish on Thursday, Feb. 25.
Locations will begin distributing water at noon, with the exception of Southern University in Shreveport, which opens at 10 a.m.
Each vehicle will be given one case of water while supplies last.
City distribution sites:
- Youree Drive Middle School (enter from Carroll Street)
- Southern Hills Elementary School (enter from Kingston Road)
- C.E. Byrd High School (enter from Gladstone Boulevard)
- Huntington High School (enter from Rasberry Lane)
- Independence Stadium/State Fairgrounds (enter from Greenwood Avenue)
Parish distribution sites (all close at 3 p.m.):
- Vivian Public Works Camp - 108 Finley Dr.
- Springridge Public Works Camp - 11928 Greenwood-Springridge Rd
- Caddo Parish Fleet Services – 1701 Monty St
- Southern University at Shreveport - 3050 Dr Martin Luther King Dr
The Water Department has restored water service to most of the city, except for a few isolated areas. The City is asking those still without water to text “NO WATER” to (318) 383-2658.
The department is preparing to take water samples and hope to lift the boil advisory by Saturday, Feb. 27.