CY-FAIR Texas (KTRE) - EMS personnel with the Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department transported a family of six to a Houston-area hospital for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning Monday after they tried to use a charcoal grill to heat their apartment.
According to a tweet from the Cy-Fair VFD, four of the six people taken to the hospital were children, ages 5 through 10. One adult and one child are in critical condition.
The family had been burning in a fire in the grill for warmth for about four hours, the tweet stated.
The apartment is located in the 8500 block of Easton Commons Drive in Houston.