Thursday, February 11: Number of coronavirus cases, deaths in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Thursday, Feb. 11, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 414,687 total cases - 2,739 new cases
- 9,239 total deaths - 27 new deaths
- 1,052 patients in hospitals - decrease of 24 patients
- 151 patients on ventilators - no change
- 380,73 patients recovered - no change
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
LOUISIANA VACCINE INFORMATION (Updated on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
As of Tuesday, Feb. 9:
Current Phase of Distribution - Phase 1B, Tier 1
Vaccine Series Initiated - 482,010
Total Doses Administered - 699,334
Providers Enrolled - 2,000
Completed Vaccine Series - 217,324
Vaccine Doses Administered since previous update - 61,973
- La. will remain in modified Phase 2 for 21 more days, Gov. Edwards says
- Gov. Edwards receives first dose of coronavirus vaccine at Pennington Biomedical Research Center
- 378 vaccine providers in all 64 parishes will receive COVID-19 vaccine this week
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.