Tuesday, February 9: Number of coronavirus cases, deaths in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Tuesday, Feb. 9, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 414,354 total cases - 1,321 new cases
- 9,162 total deaths - 20 new deaths
- 1,122 patients in hospitals - decrease of 22 patients
- 151 patients on ventilators - increase of 3 patients
- 363,457 patients recovered - no change
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
- Gov. Edwards to hold news conference on coronavirus restrictions, state’s first mass vaccination site Tuesday
- GOHSEP, LDH hosting virtual town hall on coronavirus vaccine Feb. 9
- 378 vaccine providers in all 64 parishes will receive COVID-19 vaccine this week
LOUISIANA VACCINE INFORMATION (Updated on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
As of Tuesday, Feb. 9:
Current Phase of Distribution - Phase 1B, Tier 1
Vaccine Series Initiated - 448,122
Total Doses Administered - 637,361
Providers Enrolled - 2,000
Completed Vaccine Series - 189,239
Vaccine Doses Administered since previous update - 102,376
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.