Friday, February 5: Number of coronavirus cases, deaths in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Friday, Feb. 5, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 409,861 total cases - 863 new cases
- 9,076 total deaths - 32 new deaths
- 1,275 patients in hospitals - decrease of 20 patients
- 167 patients on ventilators - decrease of 2 patients
- 363,457 patients recovered - no change
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
- LIST: La. pharmacies issuing COVID-19 vaccine to people 70 and older
- Gov. Edwards: People ages 65 and older can get the COVID vaccine starting Feb. 8
- LIST: 406 COVID-19 vaccine providers in Louisiana
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.