Wednesday, February 3: Number of coronavirus cases, deaths in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Wednesday, Feb. 3, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 406,235 total cases - 2,046 new cases
- 9,006 total deaths - 53 new deaths
- 1,386 patients in hospitals - decrease of 94 patients
- 180 patients on ventilators - decrease of 9 patients
- 344,321 patients recovered - increase of 19,136 patients
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
LOUISIANA VACCINE INFORMATION (Updated on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
As of Tuesday, Feb. 2:
Current Phase of Distribution - Phase 1B, Tier 1
Vaccine Series Initiated - 384,047
Total Doses Administered - 487,705
Providers Enrolled - 1,956
Completed Vaccine Series - 103,658
Vaccine Doses Administered since previous update - 90,334
- LIST: La. pharmacies issuing COVID-19 vaccine to people 70 and older
- LDH: 298 vaccine providers in all of Louisiana’s 64 parishes will receive COVID-19 vaccine
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.