Tuesday, January 12: Number of coronavirus cases, deaths in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Tuesday, Jan. 12, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 352,939 total cases - 4,673 new cases
- 7,971 total deaths - 53 new deaths
- 2,035 patients in hospitals - increase of 53 patients
- 244 patients on ventilators - increase of 12 patients
- 280,373 patients recovered - no change
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
- LIST: La. pharmacies issuing COVID-19 vaccine to people 70 and older
- LDH: 209 vaccine providers in all of Louisiana’s 64 parishes will receive COVID-19 vaccine
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.