BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Sunday, Jan. 10, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 346,829 total cases - 5,413 new cases
- 7,873 total deaths - 40 new deaths
- 1,960 patients in hospitals - decrease of 106 patients
- 225 patients on ventilators - increase of 5 patients
- 280,373 patients recovered - no change
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
The collection dates for most of these cases (93.7%) fall between January 1 and January 9.
- 96% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- 4% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings.
Individuals between the ages of 18 and 29 (19%) and between the ages of 30 and 39 (15%) account for 34% of these cases.
Since Friday, Jan. 8, 52,294 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 4,661,141. Of the tests reported today, 45,778 were PCR tests and 6,516 were antigen tests.
Click here to report a typo.