BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Friday, Jan. 8, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 341,431 total cases - 3,372 new cases
- 7,833 total deaths - 105 new deaths
- 2,069 patients in hospitals - increase of 36 patients
- 220 patients on ventilators - increase of 1 patient
- 280,373 patients recovered - no change
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
Click here to report a typo.