Oaklawn to allow a limited number of fans to watch horse racing
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (KAIT) - There’s good news for folks that like the thoroughbreds.
Oaklawn announced that they will have limited attendance for races in 2021.
A racing credential or reservation is required to attend races. Fans must wear masks and temperature checks will be administered. Oaklawn is following Arkansas Department of Health guidelines, here are some rules they’re enforcing:
- General admission into the Grandstand will not be allowed initially in 2021.
- Entrance into the Grandstand will strictly be for guests with a racing credential and/or reservation for that day’s races.
- Doors will open at 11 am.
- Current seasonal box seat holders and current Oaklawn Jockey Club members may enter the Grandstand with weekly reservations required.
- Detailed correspondence to be sent separately to these individuals.
- Restaurants inside the Grandstand, following Arkansas Department of Health directives, will be open to the public with weekly reservations required.
- Simulcast will be open Wednesday–Sunday, 11 am–8 pm to limited capacity with weekly reservations required.
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- All guests and team members will be required to have non-invasive temperature checks as they enter the facility.
- Anyone presenting a temp at/over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted inside the building.
- All guests and team members will be required to wear masks at all times.
- Smoking will not be allowed anywhere inside the facility, including the casino.
The season begins January 22nd and ends May 1st. The 85th annual Arkansas Derby will be held on April 10th.
Copyright 2021 KAIT. All rights reserved.