Tuesday, December 29: Number of coronavirus cases, deaths in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Tuesday, Dec. 29, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 304,485 total cases - 3,946 new cases
- 7,397 total deaths - 61 new deaths
- 1,689 patients in hospitals - increase of 92 patients
- 218 patients on ventilators - increase of 17 patients
- 247,501 patients recovered - no change
The collection dates for most of these cases (99.5%) fall between Dec. 21 and Dec. 28.
- 97% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread
- 3% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings
- Individuals between the ages of 18 and 29 (19%) and between the ages of 30 and 39 (18%) account for 37% of these cases.
Since Monday, Dec. 28, LDH says 37,356 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 4,315,433. Of the tests reported Tuesday, 33,104 were PCR tests and 4,252 were antigen tests.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
LOUISIANA VACCINE INFORMATION (Updated on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
Current Phase of Distribution - Phase 1A
Vaccine Series Initiated - 37,969
Total Doses Administered - 37,969
Providers Enrolled - 1,002
Completed Vaccine Series - 0
Vaccine Doses Administered since previous update - 5,203
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2020 WAFB. All rights reserved.