BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Friday, Nov. 27, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 230,602 total cases - 5,058 new cases
- 6,391 total deaths - 41 new deaths
- 1,074 patients in hospitals - decrease of 3 patients
- 125 patients on ventilators - increase of 9 patients
- 192,488 patients recovered - no change
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Nov. 19 and Nov. 26.
- 95% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- 5% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings
- 20% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Wednesday, Nov. 25, LDH says 71,500 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 3,469,174. Of the tests reported on Wednesday, 67,633 were PCR tests and 3,867 were antigen tests.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
Click here to report a typo.