BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Monday, Oct. 26, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 180,069 total cases - 222 new cases
- 5,648 total deaths - 17 new deaths
- 609 patients in hospitals - increase of 13 patients
- 71 patients on ventilators - increase of 5 patients
- 165,282 patients recovered - no change
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Oct. 9 and Oct. 25.
- 92% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- 8% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings.
- People aged 29 and under represent 33% of these cases.
- 21% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Sunday, Oct. 25, LDH says 5,059 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,698,883.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
Click here to report a typo.