BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Friday, Oct. 9, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 170,878 total cases - 265 new cases
- 5,442 total deaths - 26 new deaths
- 582 patients in hospitals - increase of 18 patients
- 78 patients on ventilators - decrease of 1 patient
- 154,163 patients recovered -no change
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Oct. 1 and Oct. 7.
- 91% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- 9% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings.
- People aged 29 and under represent 39% of these cases.
- 21% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Thursday, Oct. 5, LDH says 9,872 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,447,559.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
Click here to report a typo.