BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Thursday, Oct. 8, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 170,621 total cases - 526 new cases
- 5,416 total deaths - 5 new deaths
- 564 patients in hospitals - increase of 12 patients
- 79 patients on ventilators - increase of 1 patient
- 154,163 patients recovered -no change
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Sept. 30 and Oct. 7.
- 93% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- 7% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings.
- People aged 29 and under represent 32% of these cases.
- 19% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Monday, Oct. 5, LDH says 12,300 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,437,687.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
Click here to report a typo.